Session Design and Coaching Agreement
Welcome to the beginning of your transformational journey of expanded awareness! This life-changing learning and growth journey may be unlike any you have ever experienced.
As such, the structure and space of each of our sessions needs to be different from other learning environments that you are familiar with.
Before our first session, please review this proposed design of every coaching session. If there are any agreements you wish to add, please do so in the space provided. YOU are the most important part of this design!
- Confidentiality. Our conversations, which will not be recorded unless you request it, are strictly confidential. Anything you share with me will not be repeated to anyone.
- Be Present. Please dial-in to our call from a quiet place, free of distractions. Please close out of all other applications on your device that are not relevant to our coaching session (this can also improve our video connection). Please turn off or silence your cell phone and home phone.
- Let go. At the start of each session, I will ask you if there is anything on your mind that you would like to discuss so that you can let go of it and be entirely present in our discussion.
- No Judgement. Please suspend judgement of yourself and of me. There is no right and wrong, good and bad, fast and slow. We are both learning together and we will apply our new awareness to perform better going forward.
- Growth zone. There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. I am going to push you out of your comfort zone. Please be open to being uncomfortable and be willing to name what is uncomfortable to you.
- Make requests. If you feel frustrated, what are you and your strengths needing? If I inadvertently push you out of your growth zone into your panic zone, please bring this to my attention. If you feel stuck, please ask for help.
- Confident Vulnerability. Embrace your strengths and your weaknesses. I will be bringing the attitude I know who I am and I know who I’m not, and both are ok. I ask that you try to do the same. I am here to help you with this important way of being during our journey together.
- You are in the driver’s seat (and I am riding shotgun to help navigate). Our coaching sessions are structured to respond to your goals, needs, and experiences. Please be prepared to bring a topic or goal for each session (after session 4). Since my strengths need time to prepare so that I can be at my best, I would like to request that you email me your desired topic and completed assignments in advance (such as 24 hours before each session).
- Call to action! At the end of every session, I will ask you for your key takeaway, and how our session helped you move forward with your goal. The session will also end with further questions to consider, and an assignment that we both agree on. Your greatest growth and transformation tends to occur between sessions. How much you grow is largely determined by how much time you invest in yourself to practice and apply your learning.
- Scheduling. We will meet for one hour, bi-weekly, giving you time to practice and reflect on the learning from each session. We will schedule each upcoming session at the end of our current session. If you prefer a different session length or session frequency, please ask. If you need to reschedule an appointment, please email me 48 hours in advance so that we can find a suitable time. This lead time helps me manage my commitments to my other clients.
- Availability. I am available to you between sessions! Feel free to email, text, call, or we can set up a Zoom conference call when you feel stuck or frustrated.
- Audio and Video. Please ensure your camera and microphone are functioning properly. Please use headphones/earbuds if you detect any feedback or echo. I will email you a Zoom link for our video conference call about 30 minutes before the start of our session.